A champagne by Brad Pitt

If you’re going to drink rosé champagne, it might as well be your own! Easy enough for Brad Pitt, who, after the success of his rosé wine from the Var region, launched his champagne in the same colour in 2020. The first cuvée, Fleur de Miraval ER1, caused great excitement in 2020. Now to repeat the result this year with the second edition, conveniently baptised Fleur de Miraval ER2.

It’s no secret that Hollywood stars love champagne. But a star actually producing one is a rare occurrence. That said, Brad Pitt is no newcomer to wine-making, having bought Miraval château in France’s Var region in 2011 with his then-wife Angelina Jolie. And having transformed it into a “Provence Rosé” success story, particularly in the US. Since 2020, he has been working on the Fleur de Miraval champagne, launched in partnership with the Perrin and Péters families, both big names in industry. And once again, it’s been a recipe for success. The first edition, produced in just 20,000 bottles, sold out at €340 per unit.

After the wave of curiosity subsided, observers were anxious to see whether Pitt & Co. could maintain their momentum. And they’ve proved they can with the release of the ER2 (E for Exclusively and R for Rosé) on 19 October 2021. “I was impressed last year with the success of our first edition”, says Brad (because obviously we’re on first name terms). “With ER2, we pushed the limits even further, we created new extremes for quality. Being the only Champagne house exclusively devoted to Rosé Champagne, each edition of Fleur de Miraval is a constant quest for beauty”.

Made up of 75% Chardonnays of different ages, this second cuvée benefits from the richness of the 2021 vintage and the perfect balance of the 2014 vintage. The remaining 25% of young Pinot Noirs add to the aromatic expression of this extraordinary wine. And extraordinary certainly applies to the price tag, at €320.

Talking of which, according to the Daily Mail, Angelina Jolie sold her shares a few weeks ago and is therefore no longer a shareholder in Miraval. Not that that’s any of our business.

[email protected] 


Infos : Fleurdemiraval.com 

Voir cette page en Français

Subscribe to our newsletter.
Every week, a smile, a discovery, a secret place, a recommendation.

Pin It on Pinterest